Berberry Health & Wellness
Slow Cooker Recipes
Slow Cooker Stuffed Peppers
• ½ tsp ground black pepper
• 2 cups cauliflower rice or broccoli rice
• 1 clove garlic, minced
• 2 lbs. 99% lean ground turkey
• 1½ tsp Italian seasoning
• ½ tsp kosher salt
• 8 tsp olive oil
• 4 red bell peppers, tops removed, seeds and ribs removed
• 3 tbsp reduced-fat grated parmesan cheese
• 1 tbsp tomato paste
• 1 cup water
1. Heat the olive oil in a sauté pan over medium-high heat.
2. Add the ground turkey and break it into very small pieces using a wooden spoon. Season the turkey with salt and pepper and continue stirring. Allow the turkey to cook until lightly browned.
3. Add the garlic and continue cooking until garlic becomes aromatic, about 1 minute.
4. Add the cauliflower rice, tomato paste, and Italian seasoning and stir to fully incorporate.
5. Add a ½ cup of water to the turkey mixture and stir to combine. Remove pan from heat.
6. Distribute the cooked turkey filling evenly amongst the 4 red peppers.
7. Pour a ½ cup of water into the slow cooker and then add the 4 stuffed peppers.
8. Cook the peppers on low for 4½ to 5 hours or until very tender. When done, carefully remove each pepper with tongs.
9. When ready to serve, top each pepper with ¾ tablespoon of parmesan cheese.
Slow Cooker Beef & Vegetable Soup
• 1¾ lbs. boneless lean beef chuck, trimmed of fat and cut into fine strips
• 2 cups reduced-sodium beef stock
• ¼ cup sliced chives
• ½ cup chopped fresh parsley
• 6 cups frozen non-starchy vegetable mix, like broccoli & cauliflower
• 1 tsp salt, divided
1. Combine the beef, stock, and salt in a slow cooker, and cook on high for 2 hours until tender.
2. Once the beef is tender, add the frozen vegetables and cook for 40 minutes until veggies are tender.
3. Garnish soup with chives and parsley.
Slow Cooker Pork BBQ with Tangy Cabbage Slaw
• 6 cups chopped cabbage
• ½ tsp caraway seeds
• ¼ cup cider vinegar
• 4 tsp extra virgin olive oil
• 1¾ lbs. pork tenderloin
• 1 tsp salt, divided
• 6 tbsp sugar-free barbecue sauce
• ¼ cup water
• 1½ tbsp yellow mustard, divided
1. Whisk together the barbecue sauce, one tablespoon of mustard, and a ½ teaspoon salt.
2. Rub barbecue mixture over pork, and place pork in a slow cooker.
3. Pour water over top, and cook on low for 7 hours until very tender.
4. Remove pork from slow cooker, reserving liquid for later use, and shred using two
5. Meanwhile, pour the reserved barbecue liquid into a large sauce pan. Stir in the extra virgin olive oil, ½ tablespoon mustard, vinegar, ½ teaspoon salt, and caraway seeds. Bring to a boil.
6. Add the chopped cabbage, and simmer gently until just wilted about 3 to 4 minutes.
7. Divide the cabbage slaw into 4 equal-sized portions and serve each with 6 ounces shredded pork.
Slow Cooker Beef Brisket with Cauliflower Latkes
• ½ cup reduced sodium beef stock
• ½ tsp black pepper
• 1½ lbs. lean end of beef brisket
• 1 egg
• 3 cups kohlrabi, cut into ¼-inch sticks
• 3 cups riced cauliflower
• ¼ tsp salt
• ¾ tsp salt
Beef Brisket Directions
1. Season the beef brisket with salt and pepper, and place in the bottom of a slow cooker.
2. Add the beef stock, and cook on high for 5 to 6 hours.
3. Once beef is tender, add the kohlrabi and continue to cook for 20 minutes until tender.
4. Remove the beef from the slow cooker, carve it, and serve with the broth and cooked kohlrabi.
Cauliflower Latkes Directions
1. Spread the riced cauliflower on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and bake at 425⁰F for 20 minutes until golden brown. Remove from the oven and allow to cool.
2. In a kitchen towel, squeeze the cauliflower to remove any excess moisture. Mix together the squeezed cauliflower with the eggs and salt.
3. Shape the cauliflower mix into 8 little patties, and place them onto a parchment lined sheet. Bake at 400⁰F for 8 minutes.